Useful conversion tools below for transport fuels and other energy sources. FAQ – Frequently asked questions:
- How much carbon or CO2 in 1 Litre of diesel? = 2.6769 kg (Source DEFRA)
- How much energy or kWh in 1 Litre of Diesel? = 10.169 kWh (Source SEAI)
- How to convert 1 kWh (diesel) to CO2? = 0.264 kg (Source SEAI)
Note: If reporting for UK customers you may wish to use DEFRA conversion factors, but the above are the official conversion factors issued by SEAI. You can go directly to source using the links below.
- SEAI Explanations and conversion factors
- Public Sector SEAI Primary Energy conversion factors (TPER)
Energy & work conversions